Join Our Team
TABONO LAW is proudly building a team with the passion and drive to provide the best legal services available to West Michigan. Our goal is to solve conflict and resolve family law issues in a way that meets the unique needs of every client. It is our job to offer expertise and support during a deeply vulnerable time in our clients’ lives, and providing a professional community of hardworking and compassionate individuals is essential.
TABONO literally means “oar” in the West African Adrinka language, and each of the symbol’s four oars stands for the core values of strength, confidence, hard work and unity of purpose.
If you are passionate about people, making an impact, and working alongside other incredible individuals, we’d love to hear from you!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Family Law Litigation Attorney
Tabono Law is seeking an experienced, hardworking, compassionate, and solution-minded Family Law Litigation Attorney to join our incredible team and assist with our growing caseload. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion to help clients reach resolution, we are the place for you! Tabono Law strives to provide the best family law services in West Michigan, and we want you to be a partner in our success.
The ideal candidate is confident in the courtroom and has a solid knowledge of case procedure and rules of evidence. The candidate should be able to immediately assume case files, meet with clients, draft pleadings, conduct hearings, attend mediations, and prepare for and conduct trials.
- Attend in-person and/or virtual hearings, status conferences, mediations, depositions, and trials as directed.
- Negotiate settlements between parties and other attorneys.
- Meet with clients and potential clients to learn their legal needs and effectively explain legal issues, goals, and outcomes.
- Manage own case load under supervision of senior attorney with staff support.
- Accurate preparation of legal documents in a timely manner including but not limited to motions, orders, interrogatories, discovery, briefs, settlements, and judgments.
- Trial preparation, including drafting of direct and cross examinations, witness preparation, and correct method of entering exhibits.
- Develop arguments to resolve cases ethically, favorably, and cost effectively for clients.
- Conduct research and compile evidence for your case.
- Must be an active member in good standing of the Michigan State Bar.
- 3+ years Family Law experience with litigation and mediation experience required.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and value the importance of a strong work ethic.
- Adaptable team player with a growth mindset.
- Great oral argument skills and the ability to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build rapport with clients, support staff, opposing parties, opposing counsel, experts, witnesses, and court personnel.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions while also working independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize competing priorities and meet all deadlines.
- Strong research, drafting, and written communication skills.
Pay: Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Work days: Monday – Friday
Don’t see the right position for you? We are routinely looking to expand our team. If you wish to send your resume and/or Indeed.com profile to us directly and keep on file, you can do so at [email protected].