Shon Anne Cook
- Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Grandparents Rights
- Family Law Mediation
- Workplace Mediation
Shon Cook has a passion for getting people through the toughest of times. She has been representing individuals for nearly 30 years, in nearly every area of the law. She now focuses on family law issues that include divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support, guardianships, adoption, pre-nuptial agreements, and mediations. She also mediates for small companies to reduce workplace conflict and maintain employees and business profit. Her philosophy is simple. Use the power of the law to do good things for the people she represents.
Shon is not only sought after by her clients, but she is frequently a speaker on legal issues for the State Bar of Michigan and the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. She helps to train lawyers and Judges through the state on vital issues affecting families and mediation skills.
Shon has also coached countless soccer, softball and basketball teams as her children grew up in the Whitehall area. She has three children, has held ownership interest in three law firms and has run three marathons. Shon considers these her trifecta of accomplishments.
Shon is a current member of the following:
• State Bar of Michigan
• Muskegon County Bar Association
• Ottawa County Bar Association
• Muskegon Community College Board of Trustees
Shon is a past member/director of the following:
• Family Law Council of the State Bar of Michigan
• Muskegon Bar Association President
• White Lake Area Softball Commissioner
• Wartburg College Alumni Board
• Wartburg College Board of Regents
• Womens Lawyer Association
• State Bar Representitive Assembly